Are you recently annoyed by a message notification? You tried to look for the message, but there is no new message.
Notification is very annoying, and it’s very constant, and it won’t go away.
This notification is called “Phantom direct message notification.”
This constant Instagram Notification is probably caused by a glitch in the App or System.
In this article, I will share five methods to solve this issue, and hopefully, this will solve the Instagram direct notification problem.
Method 1. Unread Instagram Messages
One Method to close notification is to use the “unread” filter in Instagram direct Message inbox.
“Unread” helps in finding Messages left unread.
tap on the arrow icon in Instagram App it will take you to the inbox page.
Tap on the filter icon in the search box.
Tap on the Unread. This will hopefully remove the notification.
If you can’t find a filter in the inbox of Instagram, the filter might be removed in the newer version is so then move to the next Method.
Method 2. Refresh the messages
So in this method, we will open the Instagram app.
We will go to messages and refresh the messages page in the inbox by sliding down the messages with our finger or thumb.
We will wait to update, and if this works, the messages notification should disappear.
Method 3. Log out and log in
In this method, we will try to refresh the inbox by logging out and then logging in again.
Log out steps.
- After opeding Instagram App, Tap on Profile Picture on bottom right.
- Tap on Menu Icon on right top.
- Tap on “Setting”. it will take you to Settign page.
- Scroll down, At bottom you will tap on log out.
- Close Instagram App.
Log in steps.
- After opeding Instagram App, FiIll email and password.
- Tap on Sumbit or login.
Method 4. Clear the cache
Clearing cache is like resetting the Instagram Application.
If cached in the memory, Messages will be erased by doing this.
But this is for Andriod; iPhone users need to reinstall App, method 5.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can log out of Instagram:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the menu on the top-right hand corner.
- Select “Settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on “Log Out” to log out of Instagram.
Method 5. Reinstall Instagram
First, uninstall the Instagram application and reinstall Instagram App.
If Instagram App has any affected files, glitches or bugs will be fixed automatically by reinstalling Instagram App.
To Reinstall, we need to Uninstall Instagram and install Instagram from the App store.
I have explained both for android and for iPhone below.
Here is a step-by-step guide to Uninstall Instagram App On Andriod.
- Tap On Instargram App for 5 seconds.
- Tap on “App Info”. It will open App Info Page.
- Tap on “Uninstall”.
- It will ask for permission. Tap on “OK”.
Here is a step-by-step guide to install Instagram app on Andriod
- Go to Play Store.
- Write Instagram in search bar. And Tap Instagram App
- Tap on Install in Instagram Page in Play Store.
- Login Again And Notifiaction will be gone.
Here is a step-by-step guide to Uninstall Instagram App on iPhone.
- Press on Instagram App for 5 seconds. Apps will start moving or wobling.
- Tap on cross on Instagram App.
- Tap on Delete. This will delete Instagram App.
Here is a step-by-step guide to installing Instagram App on iPhone.
- Tap on App Store
- Write Instargam on sreach bar in App Store.
- Tap on Instagram App.
- Tap on Install.